Tremendous year for our Knights of Columbus Programs throughout the State; we rebounded from the Covid slowdown in the previous year.
The State Council donated $10,120 to St. Joe’s Youth Camp and over $11,500 to Special Olympics. Council 11809 received recognition for the Gila Bend Furniture Move. District DeputyJoe Shanks presented an outline of what our Council did to help the folks in Gila Bend who lost homes and much of their possessions in the monsoon last year.
Supreme Knight Patrick Kelly’s video highlighted the goals for this year, emphasizing Families, Parishes, and Evangelizing our Youth.
Evangelizing the Hispanic Community and building the future of the K of C throughout AZ was also a common theme. There is a Hispanic Group of Knights (Tucson) that will travel the entire State, aiding in building our ranks in the Hispanic Community!
Additional subjects covered:
- AZ Rosary Celebration in Tucson, Oct 15th, and Phoenix, Oct 16th. Details on the website: www.AZRosary.net
- Seven hundred eighty-nine new members joined the Arizona Knights of Columbus.
- Council 11809 reached 100% of its membership goal this year.
- AZ K of C Charities, Inc. donated over $89K to organizations such as Special Olympics, Crisis Pregnancy Centers, Ukraine Solidarity Fund, etc. A complete list is on the State Website.
- All current Arizona State Officers were re-elected unanimously and will serve for Council Year 2022-2023. A complete list of Officers is on the State Website.
Deven Michel did a great job as Ambassador for Our Council at the Convention. He introduced himself to many of the delegates and was well known by the end of the Convention!
Report by James Michel, Recorder, Council 11809